- Symmetrical- When the spaces on each side of a garment look exactly the same.
- Asymmetrical- When a garment doesn’t look the same on each side of the real or imagined central line.
- How seperate parts of a garment relate to each other and to the whole in size.
- The focal point of a design, the part that draws attention.
- Repetition- A pattern repeats, as with rows of stripes.
- Radiation- Lines or patterns flow from a central location.
- Gradation- A pattern changes gradually, as in a change of size or color.